Connecting PS4 to PC Monitor (DVI/ VGA)

Connecting PS4 to PC Monitor (DVI/ VGA) - blank screen problem & audio


One problem connecting PS4 to a PC monitor is that most of these monitors (at least not the latest or expensive one) only have DVI & VGA port.  It has put me through a numbers of hours what has went wrong? Why didn't the screen show - just blank?

What did I use?


  • I bought a HDMI-DVI converter as image attached & use it with a HDMI cable
  • What i get? This adapter works with my mac mini but not PS4.
  • On PS4, blank screen. After safe mode resolution reset to 480, see PS logo for 1 second then blank screen again.

What are the hypothetical NOT True Reasons you may get to trying to troubleshoot?

  1. Unchecked "Enable HDCP" in PS4 System setting
  2. Is the adapter failing to response to a HDCP handshake?
  3. Is my monitor HDCP compliance?
  4. Go into safe mode to restore the PS4 to 480p resolution so all screen type fits
  5. DVI got DVI-I & DVI-D - am i using the right adapter?
What I learned from my experience - Conclusion?
  1. Buy a ONE-PIECE cable with both end Male HDMI-to-Male DVI (do not use a cable plus a converter)
  2. It is not necessary to have an active adapter with power supply
  3. An adapter piece which required more than one item to connect PS4 & PC monitor is likely treated as you trying to pirate copyright content e.g. from Netflix, Hulu etc
  4. My Netflix/ Hulu works like normal
DVI only carry video - what about audio?
  1. Just connect earpiece or speaker via the remote controller 3.5mm jack.
  2. Bluetooth Speaker is not supported (Tested with Beakon speaker)




Comments